Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm officially an adult now...

Yesterday I turned 25. I've been caught up in the birthday celebration hoopla for the past week or so, but now that it's over reality has begun to set in. I rang in my new year with a night on the town on Saturday, a beach bonfire on Sunday, and a party at the Monday Night Football spot yesterday. I had a good ass time.

By the way, the bonfire was fantastic! My fam was representing, old and new friends came out, we had burgers, links, liquor, herb, music, people...we even had my friend's neighbor, the random white middle aged dude, cranking the soulja boy and doing the cupid shuffle on the beach. Hilariosity. Superman that hoe, Dave! It was kind of like watching Napoleon Dynamite's uncle get down.

Thankfully this birthday was drama free (I'm sure we all remember last year) and spent with my loved ones. It was so good to see some of my family members and friends who I haven't seen in ages come out for my bonfire. It felt great that they came out to see me for my special day. That meant more to me than any material gifts.

In a way I feel like I made some some kind of milestone when I made 25. Like I made the transition from being a girl into a woman. Or, I should say the transition from a girl-woman to a full-fledged woman. I believe that females evolve from girlhood to womanhood in stages.

Although I feel like an official adult now, I'm still a big kid at heart. I watch bad tv, I eat cereal for dinner (like, three times a week!), and I drink my chocolate milk with a spoon. I do that one in private, though.

Peace ya'll.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Happy birthday, Woman! A bonfire sounds like fun. You know we can't get those in the Dirty Dirty. 25 is a good age. Enjoy it!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

Happy Birthday chick! Glad you had a fabulous one!!! Welcome to the grown up club :-)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - thank you! so far i'm enjoying 25...

@ b - thank you! and thanks for the warm welcome into the grown up club ;-)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Lee said...

Happy Birthday!
busybeewhatzbuzzen.blogspot.com

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ look me up - thank you very much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter