Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Press Your Luck

Me and Moms were in Tar-jay at the checkout line when she noticed the August issue of Essence on the news stand. The headline on the cover screamed: "Black Men Want to Meet You! We found 60 SINGLE Doctors, Ministers, Millionaires, and a Prince for YOU. Email them, p. 99." We totally mocked the headline. My initial thought was, damn, do the editors think black women are that desperate?

I already received my August issue in the mail last week. However, mine had Tyler Perry on the cover :-(. I wasn't lucky enough to get the hot guy cover. I had already thumbed through the hot guy spread, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I began to think, what would happen if I actually sent one of them an email? Would he respond? The curiosity in me said fuck it, try your luck. So I'm going to send Braylon Edwards' fine ass an email and hope hit hits me back. He probably won't, but it would be interesting if I got a response. Wish me luck people. I need some football D in my life.

Peace.


*** BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:

Why did the muthafuckin' email bounce back when I sent it? This is some bullshit! Essence, you are full of ca ca! Now I have to hope I run into him at the club. And it's hard for a classy young woman such as myself to compete with these LA hoochies. *Sighing*

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! This is hilarious. When I was flying out to your neck of the woods earlier this week, the girl sitting next to me on the plane was reading it and said she was gonna do the same thing. Those dudes probably got a gazillion emails....

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ funky fresh - you came out my way and didn't tell nobody? shame on you. i have no more words :-/

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean I could have gotten a ride in the new whip?!?! Damn my bad homie....Next time....

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger ludovic said...

Nah, we didn't get a bazillion emails, but I'm sure each of us got quite a few. Too bad i didn't get yer email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter