Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pondering the Proposition

The ex-pseudo has been hitting me up on the regular these days. We've been kicking it a little bit on the friendship tip. It's been cool. Although he fucked me over on my birthday last year, over time we became cool again and eventually became friends. This negro threw me for a loop yesterday though.

Yesterday when we were talking on the phone he passively mentioned that he was going through a dry spell, and I suggested he get back out in the dating field. He said he wasn't really interested in doing that, a couple of reasons being that he wants to focus on work and he just doesn't really feel like dealing with a lot of the chicks he encounters. Understandable. So I said, as a joke, "well maybe you should go buy some." He was like, "I'm not about to do that," and blah blah blah. So then he said maybe we can start getting up again. I told him no, because I'm seeing someone right now. He responds with: "well maybe we can set up a business arrangement."

Business arrangement huh? From what I gathered dude wants some kind of thing going with me where we hang out, kick it, and fuck each other. But he wants to pay me for it.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not thinking about it. I had never actively considered having a sugar daddy. I'm a womanist, and I don't believe in using your body as a commodity to be bought and sold, but dammit if this offer isn't tempting. I already dated the guy before, the sex was fantastic, and things were going fine between us until he fucked that off. The only difference between then and now would be that the former pseudo would now be my sugar daddy.

Is it wrong to have a sugar daddy? People look down on women who use men for money, but in all honesty I've always been in awe of women like that. I found it intriguing how they could use their womanly wiles to get what they want from men. And if you want keep it really real, aren't we all bought and sold on some level? Think about how you spend 40 plus hours per week.

I think the important thing is to maintain control over your body and stay within your comfort zone. I think it becomes a problem when you get to the point where you feel like you're selling yourself out and/or you're doing things that you really don't want to do with people you really don't want to do it with. In my situation I was on the fence about fucking with the pseudo again, but the presidential faces definitely offer an incentive.

The litmus test is: do you feel like you're compromising your integrity? Do you still respect yourself after you're done? Because you can fuck someone without them giving you anything at all and feel very shitty afterward.

I may be met with a lot of disagreement on this one, but these are just my thoughts. Peace.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

if I may offer my humble and honest opinion. I am all for a sugar daddy, that is for sure. I too am in awe of those women who can get paid like 15K a month for being someone's gf they only see once a month! A mistress even, although I do not condone messing with married men; it's just not a good look. But I digress. If you are comfortable with the said proposition, I say go for it. Sure you may face some moral dilemma and perhaps feel "shitty" afterwards, but uh, if you can take care of you and some bills in the process of experiencing pleasure then hell with it! We are only young once ;-)

Have a fab weekend chick! and you KNOW I shook it me, you and all the other chicks who have to deal with lame men!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got two words: "Trife" "Lin"

One who is being maintained by a Sugar Daddy, is nothing but a glorified prostitute.

Yes, holding down a 40 hour can make you feel like your prostituting yourself, but in most cases it doesn't require to give your body up for someone eles's sexual gratification.

I'm not hating on someone getting their papers, I'm just saying that we should call it what it is. Prostitution.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - i can feel where you're coming from. i appreciate your honest words.

@ dating hiautus - this is my first time reading a comment from you, so thanks for stopping by.

i can also feel where you're coming from. i don't know if you noticed that i mentioned that this "sugar daddy" was someone i dated for awhile and had a significant dating relationship with. check the archives. this situation wouldn't be one where i'm being used for my body, this is one where both parties are being sexually gratified. dude offered to help a sista out if we started dating again. why stop him if he wants to do so?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter