Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Only in the 'hood: Friday afternoon coonery

I seem to witness the most random shit on a regular basis. Case in point: I'm in line at the car wash waiting to get the whip shined up, and what pulls up behind me but a pink Impala with Lamborghini doors? If that wasn't bad enough, this heffa had a pink boa lining the dashboard, pink furry seat covers, and pink rims. Why must I cry?

At least they weren't spinners. I would have died right then and there.

Oh, but it gets better. The driver was blasting Lil' Boosie's "Wipe Me Down." When that song went off, the next track was "Ay Bay Bay." Who wants the bet that the next track on the playlist was "Crank That Soulja Boy"?

I'm sure you're thinking that the owner of this vehicle is prolly some young girl who has been overexposed to BET. But no! The person that hopped out the car had to be at least 30. I would guesstimate between 30-35. Damn shame.

She was coordinated with the car, though. She had on black pants, a pink and black polka dot top, and false eyelashes. She looked like a ghetto Minnie Mouse. Despite all this, she was a really nice, approachable person. She offered me and the guy next to me car freshener (I politely declined) and struck up a convo with the person next to me. After ear hustlin' for 5 minutes I learned that Minnie was the Assistant Manager at the grocery store, that the lamborghini doors costed $900 (what a fucking waste!), and that the car had not only been repainted several times, but it has been vandalized several times too. No! Seriously? It's unfathomable why someone would vandalize that eyesore.

Also amusing was that another Impala pulled up, but this one was red and white racer striped with red rims. Definitely not a car that you would want to drive in some neighborhoods. Now that I think about it, this driver may have accidentally drove in the wrong 'hood, because he had on an eye patch. The Blood-mobile wasn't fucking with Minnie Mouse though. Wipe me down.

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang I need to get a gig at the grocery store. You never know she could have been young and just lived a hard life...you know its hard out there.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! wtf! I wouldn't even know what to do if I saw that mess in person LOL!!!!!! But pink with the Lambo doors though?! W O W!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ everything - that's true, you never know what people have gone through. however, that's not an excuse for the lamborghini doors.

@ b - i'm sure you would have had the look of shock like i did. and it didn't help that the old man sitting next to me was like, "it has a lot going on, huh?" lol.

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$900?!?!? I really don't even know what to say. I would've just stared.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ funky fresh - i know, right? i can't even wrap my mind around that one.

@ b more bap - crazy ish huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter