Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Friday, May 25, 2007

What's cracking this weekend, girl?

This weekend kicks off the unofficial start to summer. Events, people coming to town, parties...there's a lot going on Memorial Day weekend in the City of Angels. In addition to holiday weekend events, my best friend's birthday is this weekend, and one of my college buddies is graduating from her master's program @ Long Beach State tomorrow. She's having a grad party tomorrow after the ceremony. Too many things to do, not enough time!

My tenative plan for the weekend is as follows:

Tonight (Friday) - study and complete assignments for my classes. Later on this evening spend some time with my friend...I would dish a little more about him but I need to think of a pseudonym for him (shutup RP!). Don't worry, I'll be sure to dedicate an entire post (maybe two!) detailing the situation with this one. Here's a little bit of a spoiler: we've been really close friends for several years and for some reason we never took things further than a platonic friendship. Lately it seems like things are progressing...

Saturday - car wash, mani/pedi, gym (hopefully), and get hair done. May need to hit up the mall. Saturday night go to my friend's grad party or go out with the girls.

Sunday - brunch w/my best friend, spend time w/the fam, then after the sun goes down hit up a Memorial Day party. Going out on a Sunday just because I can!

Monday - UCLA Reggae Festival. This will entail exorbitant amounts of cush, Jamaican beer, and hollering at random negroes who serve for no other purpose other than to give me things to write about in my blog.

That's it for now ya'll. I'm sure over the next few days I will have quite a bit to write about. Be safe, be cool.

Peace.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Diva's Thoughts said...

Hope you had a great weekend?

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ the diva - i surely did! i'm still recovering. hope you had a good holiday weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter