Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Random work musings...on my off day

I've had a hellish week. Words cannot express how happy I am to get some time to relax and do absolutely nothing except for what I want to do.

Work is a beast. Someone quit on our web team so I've been picking up the slack. I'm doing my own job as well as someone else's. Well, I guess I'm not simply "picking up the slack" since I was informed yesterday that the duties that I've been undertaking are permanent. I think that deserves a new job title. My company doesn't really use formal job titles, so I guess I'll have to make up my own.

I should make it clear that I have absolutely no experience in web marketing so I'm getting a crash course. I'm a total newbie to the web marketing game. I have to be honest, I didn't think I would be that interested in web marketing but the more I'm learning about it the more I'm interested. E-commerce is what's up so there are definite career possibilities in this field. The skills I'm learning on the job are invaluable and I'm thankful that I'm given the opportunities that I've received. I can take what I'm learning and apply it to any area of business. I've taken on quite a bit of responsibility since being on my job for all of 9 months. I'm documenting it all so that when the time comes for my annual review I can ask for a raise.

My goal is to learn as much as I can and move up as much as I can within my company. Once I get to the point where I'm stagnant that means its time for me to move on.

Random ass shit...a new guy had been hired for our web team and he stayed with us for about a month. He called his supervisor on Friday to resign. I think he left her a voicemail. Sidebar: what kind of shit is that? Have the decency to give your employer at least two weeks notice. Tacky. Anyway, dude resigned because he decided that he wanted to pursue his passion full time. He wants to pursue a career as a bounty hunter. Bounty hunter. Like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Are you fucking kidding me?

That shit is mad random. I really don't get how someone can go from web marketing to a bounty hunter. But, to each his own. I'm all for pursuing one's passion. I wouldn't want anyone to knock me for wanting to pursue my dream of being the next greatest female DJ. How does DJ Diva sound?

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter