Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wallet on fire

I'm fortunate enough to have been blessed with a windfall, but I don't know what to do with it. Obviously part of it automatically goes into savings, but now I have a little extra dough and I don't know what to do with it. I paid my bills for the month already so I have a little to burn. Just a little.

My first mind said to go shopping for some clothes, get a mani/pedi, maybe a facial, or go ahead and splurge on the body polish package I've been eyeing at the day spa. Or maybe I can put myself ahead on my bills. I have other things I need but I've been procrastinating on -- getting my passport, a few things for the car, buying work clothes.

I guess the best thing to do is prioritize and decide what's most important right now. Take care of the most important stuff first and do what I want with what's left over.

I'm about to get dressed and hit the mall. Peace. ;-)

8 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

oooh! what did ya get?! I too had one hell of a windfall, but I told myself and my mother that I was going to be a responsible adult and pay my bills, which i am glad I did because I feel a sense of accomplishment rather than looking down into my Damier Speedy 30 and being like, 'damn, how am I going to pay for x,y,z...'! :-)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - i went to H & M and picked up some stuff. i didn't want to go too hard...but i definitely spent enough there. i did enough damage. the fabulous male store clerk was like, dang girl you been in here for like an hour and a half! lol.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

haha! well see you were responsible! I had the talk with myself about shopping, i've been on a shopping diet for about 2 yrs now, but because Mem Day is coming up and all the sales are SO tempting! BUT, Mem Day weekend also falls right before rent is due, soooo boooooo! Thas alright though, I will live it up poolside haha!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - i'm trying really hard to be responsible. like you, i put myself on a shopping diet. but with summer coming i said fuck it and sprung for a few summer pieces. i'm learning to ball out on a budget though. it's all about balance. i want to monitor my spending but dammit i deserve to look fly and fabulous despite my paltry income.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Diva's Thoughts said...

Ooohh...Hmmm....buy me a Coach bag please and thank you. :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ the diva - i think this is your first time commenting, so thanks! coach bag...i ain't doing it like that, lol. maybe when i get a raise.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I got a windfall too - an increase on my credit line! WOO!

(KIDDING)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ snay - lol, you know some people really consider that to be a windfall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter