Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Maybe I'm Just Not Into You...

Last night was the date with FAREB. If I had to summarize it in one sentence, I would say that I don't think we'll be seeing each other anymore.

Brief overview of the date: we went to the movies and saw Disturbia. Pretty good movie if you like thrillers.

I think its safe to say that I don't think FAREB is that interested in getting to know me. We made small talk during the ride to and from the theater, and all he talked about was himself. Namely, how he was going to trade in his Infiniti truck for a Mercedes two seater, how he can't wait to get new furniture for his loft apartment, and how he was going to have a crackin' ass birthday party next month. *Yawn* The only time he seemed really interested in anything I had to say was when it pertained to why I wasn't all over him. Yes, he seriously said that to me.

When he drove me back to my car we hugged, and he said to me, "You know, I'm starting to question the chemistry between us."

"Why?" I asked. "Is it because I'm not all over you trying to hump your leg?" (I was being sarcastic.)

"Well...yea," he said.

"Are you seriously used to women who are all over you?" I said.

"Yea. I think its strange that you're not."

"Well, I don't know any other way to say this than to say that I don't operate like that. We've only gone out on two dates and spent time together a total of three times. I don't think that warrants too much physical contact. Plus, I'm not the type of person who is going to be all over someone I don't really know. I don't sweat anyone."

I was met with a blank look. So I said, "Well I'm going to let you marinate on that. Have a good night."

I called him when I got home to let him know I made it and he didn't answer. Nor did he call me back at all today. I don't think I'm going to hear from him again.

That's fine with me. Last night I realized that I didn't really like FAREB. Sure he's hot and successful, but he has the personality of a bag o' nickels. His attitude detracts from his looks and I found myself becoming less and less attracted to him the more I got to know him. I don't even want to do him anymore because he kept asking me why I wasn't on his jock. He may have been able to get it if he would have stopped asking for it. He needs a woman who is going to continuously tell him how great he is, who has no self esteem of her own and who spends all her time showering him with attention.

I hope he finds what he's looking for.

Peace.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

So he's an a$$hole. He'll find some other chick to love him two times over, I'm sure. Experiences like these help to confirm what you DON'T want in a man, which is always helpful. It WOULD be the guy I give an acronym for is f's up. lol. Sorry bout that.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - he is very much the asshole. you're right when you say that experiences like this help you to figure out what you don't want in a man. i'm glad he showed his true colors before anything physical happened. oh, and i'm sure there will be other men i meet who will need acronyms pretty soon.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwww. Say word. I'm hearing way too many "I'm a fly guy you need to jump on my jock" stories. Sad. Even worse, is somewhere out there, some woman is making FAREB feel like his sh*t don't stink....

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ funky fresh - i guess the man diva madness is prevalent these days, huh? it's kind of pitiful imo. and you know that someone is enabling FAREB. better her than me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter