Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Just Waking Up...Weekend Reflections

It's nearly 9 pm and I just woke up from a power nap. Sometimes I do that, I have the talent of power napping whatever the time of day or night. As long as I stick within the 30-45 minute range I'm good. If I go over that, fuck it I'm just asleep.

I had a pretty well rounded weekend. Friday after work I went to the nail salon for a mani/pedi and went to my local hood Forever 21-ish store to find a shirt to wear out Friday night. I found a really cute high quality looking black sleeveless top for $20. Ballin' on a budget. I paired the top with my dark denim skinny-cut Sevens and black stiletto heels. That's pretty much my club uniform - low cut top, a nice pair of jeans, and 3 1/2 inch heels.

Friday night my best friend and I went to Day After in Hollywood. I hadn't been out to a club in three months. The last time I went out was around the time when I met E. The club was crackin' although the crowd was hella young. Despite being at least 3 years older than everyone up in that piece, we had a good time. It was good to get out and go dancing. It's such a release. And I was puttin' it on the young boys on the dance floor! They wasn't ready.

Saturday I went to the dentist for a check up and cleaning. BGI has no cavities! Yay! After the pearly whites got polished I went to Target for toilet paper and ended up spending $68. It never fails, every time I go to that damn store for one thing I always leave with a bunch of crap I initially had no intentions on buying. After Target I stopped over to the day spa and made an appointment for a facial. After my errands I went home and took my afternoon nap. Didn't go out Saturday night. I needed one night of rest. I spent the duration of my Saturday eating, watching television, and sleeping.

Sunday I went to the gym, came home and did my hair. I had a date with the new guy I met - the fine ass real estate broker. I have to think of a pseudonym for him. Until I do, he will be referred to as the fine ass real estate broker. I will have to blog about him in a separate post because we've already had beef and we've only been seeing each other for 2 1/2 weeks. I digress. The fine ass real estate broker and I had dinner and dessert @ the Grand Luxe near the Beverly Center. Dinner was good, conversation was good, company was good. We had a wonderful time.

Peace, folks.

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Dopelikelouboutins said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend and I hope to hear more positive things about fine ass real estate broker :)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ diamond - i did have a good weekend. i hope to have more positive things to say about the fine ass real estate broker. i have to post about how things started off, it's quite interesting.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

So you had a Eof hotness. LOL because I always have psuedonyms or aliases for my men friends. Good luck with the F.A.R.E.B.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - the aliases are the business! only when its determined that a guy has staying power does he get referred to by his real name. lol. i like your acronym for the fine ass real estate broker, btw. i may borrow that one.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Feel free! Damn, I had a typo in my comment. I meant to say weekend of hotness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter