Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Upgrading My Financial Savvy

Until I started taking this Individual Financial Planning class (one of the two online classes I'm taking this semester) I didn't realize how little I knew about personal finance. It's some serious business! I always knew the importance of saving, budgeting, and maintaining good credit, which is something I'm working on (I'm not quite where I want to be), but I never paid much attention to comparing costs of credit, investing, etc.

I'm learning a lot about money. I'm no Suze Orman so I'm in no position to dish out financial advice, but I want to encourage all five of my readers to educate yourself about money. I thought I knew quite a bit but learning never stops and there is information out there for everyone from the novice to the OG.

Sites of interest:


www.bankrate.com

www.kiplinger.com

Yahoo Finance



2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Ok, this is my profession, so I'm up on these sites. I need to do better though. I promise to emmerse myself in all things financial next week....

And I know you have more than 5 readers! lol

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - since this is your profession i'm sure this is old news to you. i'm sure even the most financially literate can stand to do a little better.

ok, maybe not 5 readers, but i know i have a solid 10 on any given day! lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter