Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Stop Texting Me! Just Call!

Technology is cool. I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy. I love technology just as much as any generation Y-er. I like spending an unhealthy amount of time on the internet, electronic gadgets, camera phones, texting, and stuff like that. It's great.

But sometimes people take the technology thing too far. Case in point: I met T a couple of weeks ago @ Day After in Hollywood. This was a random night where I nearly had a car accident with Lamar Odom on the way to the club (who kept giving ME the evil eye when we were walking in the club with his non-driving ass) and got stuck in the middle of the dance floor in the midst of a whole bunch of Asian girls "Walking It Out" at the club. It was really strange. All I could think is, "They must watch a lot of BET." Really random night. Anyway, that night I met T, a promoter for a few Hollywood clubs. He seemed cool, and I wanted to get on his guestlist so I gave him my number. We talked about getting together and having lunch or something.

This was two weeks ago, and I haven't spoken to T yet. However, we have been communicating via text. We have been communicating SOLELY via text. And I don't mean texts that are short and simple, this negro initiates full-on conversations via text. We haven't talked on the phone! He called me once a couple of days ago and I missed his call. I called him back, and he didn't answer. I called him on two separate occasions and I got no answer. But he keeps sending me texts. All freakin' day.

All of our conversations have been via text. It makes me wonder, "Why won't he just call?" I mean seriously. Sprint only allots 500 texts a month in my service plan. I don't want to use them all up on T. I got other people I text too. I don't get why he won't call. Does he not like to talk on the phone? Is he socially inept? Does he think it makes him look cool because he's texting all the time? Whatever it is, its fucking weird. And he's trying to make dates and shit with me (via text of course). I can't honestly say I feel comfortable going out with someone who I haven't had a verbal conversation with since I met him.

Gotta go now, T is texting me...

6 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he going to text you during the date too? You'll be at dinner then all of a sudden your phone will buzz and he'll be like "so what are you going to order?"...LOL...that whole situation is just WEIRD.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ funky fresh- He prolly would text me during the date...he's a tard.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

I totally agree! Can we not build the relationship on texting?? It's crazy that no one wants to talk anymore. Dude is weird, he can't possibly be that busy or think that's normal. Love your blogs btw.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady-first off, thanks for commenting, and I'm glad you love my blog! It's appreciated. And I agree that its crazy that people don't want to talk anymore. Sometimes it seems like holding a conversation (a real one) is a lost art.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Oh god, I love to text people. I had one guy fuss me out for texting him to often.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ beauty- so you're one of the chronic texters huh? *giving you the evil eye*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter