Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Its the weekend, its the weekend...

Damn it seems like I'm getting to the point where I am only blogging on the weekends. I gotta step my blog game back up.

I've had a busy yet productive week. Thankfully the week went by without any real work drama. Folks at my job seem to be on a mission to knock each other off the block, and I'm trying to avoid that mess. I go to work to do my work and be the best at what I'm doing. I don't try to advance by tearing down others. That shit is prevalent at my company, moreso than I have seen at other places I've worked. I'm learning to just do my shit and cover my own ass so that no surprises creep up later.

Last night I had a first date with this really cool guy. We'll call him W. I met W last week at Level 3. We have been talking on the phone all week, and he asked me to go out on Friday night. He got super cool points, because he asked me out on a Tuesday. A lot of guys wait until the last minute to ask you out. I thought that was very considerate of him to ask me out well in advance. I also thought it was cool that he actually asked me out on a date, because a lot of guys simply try to get you to come over to their house rather than trying to take you out. I'm all for staying in sometimes, but I'm not trying to just kick it at some guy's house who I don't know. I wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression. Plus, sometimes men take it for granted and think they never have to take you anywhere. Save the kicking it at home for once we get to know one another.

W and I went to Monsoon on the Santa Monica Promenade. Its a Pan-Asian themed restaurant and lounge that had a live jazz band. We didn't eat, but we had a couple of drinks and chilled. It was really nice. W is a good conversationalist and he seemed interested in me and what I had to say. He was trying to be affectionate with me, which is not a bad thing, but I usually take a little while to warm up to people. I made it clear (not in a bitchy way) that although I like being affectionate I have to become more comfortable around someone before I can be that way.

After we left Monsoon we went back to his condo and chilled for a little while. His place is nice. Its apparent that its a bachelor pad (yes, I was looking for signs of a female presence) but it was still relatively clean. While we were sitting on the couch watching Cedric the Entertainer's HBO special, he leaned over and kissed me. I was a little apprehensive about that (remember the last guy I kissed?) but he was a really good kisser. He made me want more, lol. There was definitely a lot of chemistry between us and I wanted to explore that, but its too early in the game. I want to get to know him more as a person before I become physical with him. It's hard though, because my plan B isn't working out so I'm not getting dicked down on the regular anymore.

I trust that everything will work itself out. I'm glad I met someone who is cool, attractive, and sexy and who hasn't given me a reason to complain right off the bat. I'm looking forward to getting to know W and seeing where things lead.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ brilld-Hey whats up? I didn't think I was going to end up @ W's place either. But luckily he was a perfect gentleman and he didn't try to get me to do anything so it was cool.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Good for you. I think every woman needs a guy to treat them like a lady sometimes.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ beauty-It's really refreshing when a guy is nice and respectful. I'm hopeful that he continues to treat me good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter