Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lean On Me

I'm spent.

For the past couple of weeks, everyone close to me has been using me as their confidante, their shoulder to lean on when they need someone to talk to. I love my people, but it can be emotionally draining. I tend to be the type of person who takes on the emotions of others, so when the people I love are hurt, so am I.

At the same time, I don't mind being there for people I care about, because I would want them to be there for me. Everyone needs someone to talk to sometimes.

I love my friends and family to death. I really could not imagine my life without them. They are always there for me. They tell me when I'm being stupid and still tolerate me when I'm being a total ass. I appreciate that about them, because I don't have time for "yes" people.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger G. Mo said...

There's nothing in the world like having true friends who will tell it like it is. Some folks feel that friends who are straight shooters are a curse and don't realize that their truth and honesty with you is only a blessing.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ g. mo-that's real talk right there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter