Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Random Sunday Night Thoughts

I started going back to the gym. Yes, I finally got my lazy ass up and started working out again! I've been on it 3 times a week for the past few weeks and I'm already starting to see slight results. I haven't lost any weight, but my clothes fit better and I look a little more toned. I feel really good too. My energy level has increased and I sleep better. I feel like I'm being proactive about reaching my goal of being healthier and more in shape. I don't want to lose too much weight because I want to keep my curves. I love my T & A. I want to lose no more than 10 pounds.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people are closed-minded about things. I don't understand how someone can think that their way of thinking or doing things is the divine way. My mother used to always tell me when I was growing up, "If everyone on this earth looked the same and thought the same way, the world would be a boring place."

I really need to sleep more. I get about 5 hours of sleep every night. The recommended amount is 7-8 hours, but I feel like that's too much for me. If I sleep that much I wake up feeling sluggish. I should probably try to get somewhere around 6.5 hours. I usually wake up feeling sluggish no matter how much I sleep, because I'm just not a morning person. I'm not fully awake until about 10 am. But given the choice I'd rather sleep less, then wake up and dope up on caffeine.

Although I'm a scrooge and I hate the holidays, the one thing I do love about the holidays is seeing my family. Throughout the year life sometimes gets in the way, but during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years' everyone puts forth the extra effort to see one another. And I'm blessed to have most of my family in the same vicinity, so it makes it easier for everyone to see each other.

Peace...

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Brill said...

Hey Sis. I'm glad that you like
your T & A (smile). Too many
Black women have issues with
their own.

I hear you with the sleep thing
I usually don't get enough myself.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ brilld-I love my assets! I'm trying to make them even better than they already are. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter