Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas? Eh.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping whatsoever, and there are only two weeks left until the holiday. I'm just not really into the holiday. I haven't been into it since I was a child. Christmas is really a holiday for children anyway, and since I don't have any (and I don't plan on it anytime soon) I don't see a reason for all the fuss.

The holiday has seemed to move far away from its purpose. The whole point is to celebrate the birth of Christ. But outside the church, little to no attention is paid to that fact. It's become more about presents, Santa, and pine trees. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy giving and receiving gifts, but its quite disheartening that the focus has shifted away from the real purpose of the holiday. I don't mean to come off as a super Christian, because I hardly even go to church. However, I was raised in church. I have that foundation. I may not attend services but I'm a spiritual person who knows where her blessings come from.

I'm not feeling the whole Christmas hoopla. For me the best part of the holiday is spending time with my family. And eating. Anytime of the year is a good time to celebrate Christ, not just December 25th.

I'll start my shopping next week. But I'm not going into debt to buy gifts for everyone. My list is fairly short anyway, so that saves me a lot. The people I love would rather have the gift of time spent over material items anyway.

4 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Perfect,perfect and perfect agian. Like you, I think the holiday is one for children.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Update please.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Brill said...

Hey Sis. I agree with you. My
take on that holiday has changed
a lot over the years. (I'm back)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ beauty-I know, I've been slacking on my posting. I'm gonna get back on it!

@ brilld-Glad to see you're back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter