Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm Not Feeling You

There are some people I absolutely cannot be in the same room with. I'm a person who is very sensitive to other people's vibes, so when I'm around people who give off negative vibes I immediately cast them into the category of people I'm not feeling.

Unfortunately some of those people are friends of my friends, so I'm forced to interact with them. I know my friends have good intentions and they try to bring everyone together when having parties, going out, etc., but I can't help feeling bummed out when I find out certain people are goint to be in attendance. And even worse is when my friends invite me to things that those I'm not feeling are having. I think to myself, "I don't even really like this person, why are you inviting me?" Maybe I'm just mean and not being a team player, but I'm entitled to feel how I want to feel and not like people I don't want to like. It's not like my feelings are unfounded. I don't just dislike people for no reason. If I don't like you, it's probably because you are unfriendly, you have a bad attitude for no reason, and you are just a bonafide bitch. Of course we all have our days when we aren't the most personable, but it's different when that's just the way you are.

But even when I'm forced to interact with heffas that I don't want to be around, I still play it cool. I'm nice, respectful, and polite. Just because they act a certain way doesn't mean I have to stoop to their level and reciprocate the behavior. Usually there are other people there who I am actually cool with so I just kick it with them.

It's just whack when my friends expect me to be around people I don't like. I have different types of friends of whom I am aware don't mesh well. So I kick it with them at different times. It's not very often that I bring them all together. Of course I don't expect my friends to not invite their other friends to things, because those are their friends too. But damn, don't invite me to shit for people I don't like. I won't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern gal-I feel you on that one. I usually decline, but sometimes my friends strong arm me into going. They don't want to take no for an answer sometimes!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger lovelyjd said...

I feel you on this.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

I'm sensitive to people's vibes to. Sometimes I stand next to a person without either of us saying a word to each other, and I pick up all types of negative energy from the other person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter