Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ewwwww!

In my last post I made a reference to the fact that although I'm certified gangsta, I am deathly afraid of insects and spiders. I am a girly girl at heart. I don't like bugs, sweating (unless I'm working out or getting some pipe), camping, or anything that requires me to get dirty and/or be exposed to icky things.

So imagine my dismay when I went to visit one of my guy friends, and while we are sitting down on the couch having a conversation, a muthafuckin' roach crawls up the wall. It was crawling up the wall behind his head, so he couldn't see it because he was facing me. It was crawling slow too. It wasn't scurrying away quickly like a roach would when you turn on the lights. No. This one came out while the lights were on! It was a bold roach.

I wanted so badly to freak out, but the way my friend sat there nonchantly led me to believe that this was a pretty common occurence. You see, the house was filthy. Not like a junky person's house, where papers and clothes are strewn about, but I'm talking about stuff on top of stuff on top of stuff. The house was nasty. If there was one creepy crawler coming out while company was present, I'm sure there were several others who hadn't come out to say what's up.

I didn't say anything about it to my friend. I mean, he's my friend, but we're not cool like that where I would feel comfortable pointing out roaches and shit in his house. But it made me very uncomfortable. I was too scared to move or put my purse down somewhere for fear that one of them would crawl into my stuff. So I sat there with my purse on my lap for my entire visit. I'm sure my friend knows he has roaches. If one came out during my visit, I'm sure he sees them all the time. I just don't understand how someone can live in filth. That's not healthy. It's gross. Ick!

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Girl I hate that ish to. LMAO at not wanting to put your pocketbook down for fear a roach getting inside of it. You know all it takes is one to get in your house and all hell breaks lose.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ beauty-I know! All I could think is how horrible it would be to accidentally bring roaches home.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's happened to me before ( a few times) and either I'll tell that person that they have "company" or I'll make up an excuse to roll out. You should've excused yourself from the conversation, took off your shoe, killed it, and then sat down like nothing happened :-)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ fresh-Lol @ you taking off your shoe and killing it like nothing happened. That's a really awkward thing! I didn't know what to do. All I could think is, "I'm sure dude knows he has roaches, so I'm not going to say anything about it." All the while keeping my personal belongings nearby so I wouldn't inadvertently take any of the little nukkas home with me.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern gal-Dude probably has all kinds of roadkill for roommates. Needless to say, I won't be visiting again anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter