Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, October 23, 2006

DC According To Me

I've been back home for about a week now but I'm just now making time to blog about my DC trip. I hit the ground running as soon as my plane arrived back to LAX. Now that all the hoopla has died down, it's back to real life. Eh.

This year was my second year in a row going to DC for Howard's homecoming. Last year I didn't participate in any of the actual homecoming activities. Yardfest? Nope. Step show? Nah. Did I even set foot on Howard's campus? Well yea, but only to go to the ATM. Bank of America locations are scarce out there! However, I did go to Love, I went shopping in Georgetown, and I did a lot of sight seeing.

This year I didn't do any real homecoming stuff either. I went to Bohemian Cavern, Love, and chilled out with friends. The city itself and my friends who live out there are my real motivation for going to visit DC. Homecoming was the backdrop. I had a ball kicking it with them, drinking, and acting the fool. Truth be told, I'm too damn old to be all into the homecoming hoopla. I graduated from college 2 1/2 years ago. I'm over the whole college thing. Of course if I had gone to Howard, I would have different attitude. But that ain't the deal.

The next time I go to DC, it won't be for HU's homecoming. I'm really too old for that shit. I want to go out there to enjoy myself, not to be among tens of thousands of out of towners who are in town for the homecoming meat market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter