Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday Morning Thoughts

Legally, a person becomes an adult when they turn 18. But I feel like I'm just now becoming an adult, one week shy of my 24th birthday. And that's only because I have to be responsible for myself. The responsibilities are a lot to handle. Sometimes there are things that I simply do not feel like dealing with. And it always seems like shit is coming up. If it ain't one thing its a mf'ing 'nother.

The state and federal government takes out damn near $400 monthly out of my paycheck. I need some dependents. I thought it was cool that I don't have any kids, but if I did I could get some tax breaks. Buying a home would provide tax breaks, but I can't even afford to pay rent much less buy a house.

My car needs new tires. I want a new car because I'm tired of this one. At the same time I don't want to take on the responsibility and higher insurance rates of a new car.

Relationships are more complicated now. In high school and college it was much simpler. If the guy is cute and nice, he had boyfriend potential. Now its much more complex. Is he a good fit with me? Can we communicate with each other? Is he open and generous? Does he make me happy? Is he adding to my life or detracting from me? Do I even like him or do I just need a stiff dick and some affection every once in awhile?

Ok, done venting. Thank you, god bless and good night.

5 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ms. Confessions said...

I feel you 100% on the dating/relationship thing. I was just saying the same thing about it being harder now that we are adults. I guess when I was teenager or even in college as long as he was cute, dressed nice, and had a cool car; he was good enough to be my “man”.

But obviously as you get older your standards and tolerance change as far as men go (for most of us). But the good thing is we’re young and have plenty of time. I just figure now is a good time to get myself together…

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

During tax season when my coworkers are braging about their 4thousand dollar return, and I look at my miserable 500 dollar return I begin to think maybe a child or two is not so bad after all.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit said...

I can empathize. Childfree people get DICKED on the tax issue. It's sad because we're not contributing to the overpopulation of the world, we aren't the primary recipients of welfare benefits and yet, we don't get shit.

If only I could get my cats their own social security numbers, I would claim their furry asses! They're dependent dammit! Kinda like a kid but less annoying. They don't need day care, they can stay home alone, and they pee in a box instead of a diaper.

Other than that, what's the difference?

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger No said...

i CONCUR to the fullest. but i disagree that it was easier. maybe just because my ass was always too picky!

but dont feel bad cause this sistah is broke too

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ Woman: It was all so simple then wasn't it?

@ beauty: Those same braggin' ass coworkers are the ones who will end up having to spend damn near their whole return on their kids!

@ Mistress: I was just bitchin' about welfare recipients the other day! I understand if people need public assistance sometimes, but fuck those who are taking advantage of it! Interesting idea about claiming the cats though...

@ brilld: Thanks for the inspirational words. Yes I am bitching about taxes and how having dependents would be beneficial, but shit I'm in NO rush to have children.

@desiremollie: Thanks for commenting! Ain't nothing wrong with being picky. A sista has to have standards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter