Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm In a Good Mood Today (Finally!)

Its a beautiful Sunday morning today. Too bad my four days of freedom are coming to an end, but I have no complaints because I've been having a pretty fantastic weekend so far. On Friday I played tour guide to a friend from out of town. We went to Roscoe's (one of my favorites!) and toured the city. Later that evening I went to have drinks with my best friend and her coworkers. I had a couple of drinks and decided to leave after deciding I couldn't deal with their drunkenness. After that we went to a friend's friend's house to chill out in the hot tub. It was great to just relax and chill out. We enjoyed a fabulous view of the city. Good ending to a long day.

Saturday was "me" day. I got up early and went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned. Then I went to get a mani/pedi. After that I went back home and took a two hour nap. It was fantastic. Later that night we went to a friend's surprise 25th b-day party. Good food, good music, and good people. Lots of hot guys in attendance, so that put the icing on the cake.

I don't know what today holds, but I plan on continuing with the theme of relaxation and good company. Its been awhile since I have been this chill. I had been really stressed out and angry and it was beginning to take its toll on me. I just want to purge my life of all things negative. At least if I can't do that I want to keep any negativity that surrounds me to a minimum.

3 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Vixen said...

Thanks for the comment sweets:) Looks like that was your first. Nice blog you have here as well. It's very pretty. Hopefully your new job will be everything the other job was not. As in waaaaay better.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ Vixen: You're welcome! That was my first comment on your blog. I've been lurking for a few weeks :-).

@ Brilld: You're definitely right about the stress thing. I don't want to end up being like Michael Douglas in this movie....so you're fascinated with LA huh? Its one of those places you either really love or really hate. Many people I know who have come out here for the first time love it. But thats probably because they don't have to live here ;-).

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Ms. Confessions said...

It’s always a good idea to surround yourself with nothing but positivity!
There are enough evil forces out there trying to pull you down, LOL

Glad to see you had positive and productive weekend. And “me days” are the best you can never have too many…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter