Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Superficial...So?

With the dating market so tough, one has to really sit and ponder. What things are absolutely non-negotiable when it comes to a mate? It is so hard to find the right person, so when you meet someone who has most of the qualities you are looking far, its hard to dismiss that person for seemingly superficial reasons.

I have been guilty of letting a few good ones slip away. I remember I was dating a guy several years ago who was super nice, sweet, successful, handsome, generous, and we had a good time together. He was an overall great guy. "Why did you stop dating him?" you may ask. Well, he had a small penis. Thats a big issue for me (no pun intended). I'm not saying that my potential bed buddy needs to be hung like Mr. Marcus, but damn, if your penis looks like a Vienna sausage your chances of hittin' it are minimal.

But I digress. Sometimes I'm guilty of not giving guys a chance because they may be too short, too light, too skinny, or because he is or is aspiring to be a RAW (rapper, actor, or whatever). I could be missing out on a lot of great guys because I am weeding them out. And it doesn't have to always lead to romance, I may also be missing out on the opportunity to make new friends.

The easy response would be just to say I will open myself up a little more. I'll try. I can't make any promises though.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

You really need to read my blog. I write about teeny peenies so often I was thinking about changing the name of my blog to "looking for a big one in Baltimore" instead of "Beauty in Baltimore"

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ Beauty: Lol @ "teeny peenies." That description makes them sound super small. Its hard out there (no pun intended!) to find someone who is packing! I wish the ones with the itsy bitsies wore signs so we wouldn't waste our time with them only to be disappointed when it comes down to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter