Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Damn You, Myspace!

So I finally broke down and created a myspace page. I always talked shit about people and their myspace pages, referring the the website as "the new blackplanet" except now EVERYONE is on that piece. I will now be subject to the receipt of random messages by random people, along with being subject to the possibility of being contacted by people I haven't seen or spoken to in the last 10 years.

The only reason I created a profile was because I ran across someone that I hadn't talked to in several years, and I wanted to hit that person up. The damn website will allow you to view a person's page, but it strong-arms you into creating a profile before you can send that person a message.

I decided at first to create a really brief general profile so that I could send my friend a message. But then the vanity in me came out when I began to think, "I should post a picture of myself so people can see how fabulous I am." My reasoning was, hey, if people I haven't seen in years do decide to look me up on myspace, I want them to see how good I look. I don't want them to assume I'm busted now. So yes, I admit that I part of me created a profile simply to say, "Look at me now, bitches!"

And as much as I don't want to admit it, myspace is a good place to meet people. Although, I probably won't meet my next ex-boyfriend on there. Well, maybe. Because everybody and their damn mama has a myspace page and I may run into someone I know.

Well, I'm off now. I'm going to try to add some friends to my list. Ciao!

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Ms. Confessions said...

Yes, I too crack under the myspace pressure and finally gave in, LOL.
But it’s truly a great site to be reconnected with old friends and foes.
Its through that site we are able to get our 10 year reunion in order. Can’t believe its next year!
But I just say no to the weirdoes who just want to holla!!!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

I got a mmyspace page too, and like you my vanity led to me putting up my pic.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ Woman & Beauty: I agree that myspace is a good way to connect with friends as well as fulfilling the narcissist in me. I secretly get pumped when I see how many profiles views I've gotten. Like Woman said, there are some weirdos out there! One person sent me a message asking if he do some freaky things to me that I don't want to repeat right now. I was like wtf? On the real though, I get messages from cuties too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter