Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sex, Ice Cream, and Peruvian Food

If I had to describe my day in five words or less, there it is.

Celibacy is over. I had all intentions of refraining from men and sex for at least 30 days but that only lasted 3 weeks. I'm glad I gave up celibacy because I was really about to blow a gasket. The person with whom I decided to give up celibacy for is a really great person and I don't regret breaking the vow with him.

I pigged out this weekend. Friday I went to happy hour at this Cuban spot in Downtown LA. I ate a sampler of appetizers ranging from empanadas, plantain chips, and tamales with ham, corn and peas. I ate Peruvian food two days in a row. Last night my friend and I spontaneously decided to eat at a Peruvian restaurant. I dined on lomo saltado with chicken. It was absolutely delicious. Today my best friend and I went to a different spot (we made plans earlier this week to go today) and I had the lomo saltado again this time with tri tip steak. I think the dish is better with steak.

After dinner today I got ice cream. Double scoop of chocolate chip. I did not make it to the gym at all this weekend. This week I plan on doing at least four days of cardio. Three days @ the gym and one night at the club.

This weekend's theme was indulgence. I feel full and satisfied.

4 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

ahhh, welcome back! I love your stories! 3 weeks is good chile! I am rounding on a month and some change and I'm about to go crazy LOL!!! AND I swear we think alike regarding the gym! This week I am not doing my bootcamp class and am instead going to take classes at the gym 3 days and going to the club Tuesday and Friday lol so that takes care of 5 days of cardio ;-) and maybe perhaps some lucky man will help end my drought LOL! Have a happy 4th!! can't wait to read your story!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Diva's Thoughts said...

Congrats on gettin some girl!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Dopelikelouboutins said...

Glad you indulged yourself this weekend, it's good every once in a while :)

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - thanks! i feel you, more than two weeks without that good stuff will drive a woman insane. lol.

@ the diva - the drought is over, at least for now.

@ diamond - indulgence is what i do best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter