Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Big Let Down

So much can happen within the span of a couple of months. I haven't written too much about my dating life lately, but its going through major ups and downs. The last time I wrote about E, the new dude, I was very optimistic. We were spending quite a bit of time together getting to know each other and enjoying one another's company. But lately I've been having the strangest feeling (love that Jodeci allusion, dontcha?)

Things aren't going too well with E and I. He has started this pattern of being really flaky, not calling when he says he is and breaking plans. What makes it really strange is that HE is the one who calls and initiates the plans, and then when the time comes for us to get up he doesn't call and is no where to be found. So far in the two and a half months we've been dating he has stood me up three times. Two times too many. With weak ass explanations. I honestly don't really want to hear any excuses. If you can't make a date you should call. Simple as that. It's not hard, no big deal. My intuition tells me he probably has a chick or something (although he has stated several times that I'm the only person he's dating). If he has another situation going, once again, no big deal. I'm not trying to be wifey, I just want to chill. Companionship is all I was seeking.

I'm very disappointed, because he really had me fooled. It may sound naive, but I thought he was different. He seemed very into me, but I think he was gassing me up. Put simply, he isn't treating me the way I deserve to be treated. And for that I've decided to cancel his punk ass.

I've given him two opportunities to redeem himself, after the first two times he stood me up with no explanation. I can't justify giving him another chance. We haven't been dating that long, I'm not that emotionally invested in him to want to keep him around, it's better to get rid of him now while its still early in the game. I have way too much other stuff going on in my life than to be wasting time and energy on someone who isn't giving me what I deserve. Besides, how can I focus on dating the hot new real estate broker I met if I'm trippin' off E?

When one door closes, another one opens. Real talk.

BGI, out.

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Well said. I need write no other comments.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - thanks!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger IJEOMA said...

i am glad that you are smart enough to realise it so quickly. it takes some people a long time. i am big believer that when a man genuinely likes you, you dont have to ask questions or wonder. You just know.good luck.. nice blog!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ ijeoma - thanks for commenting. i totally agree with you, when a man is genuinely into you you don't question or wonder about it. i'm glad God opened my eyes before things went any further.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter