Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Tuesday (Eve)

For some reason I'm kind of excited for Super Tuesday. It could be all the media hype surrounding the primaries, and I'm a media junkie, so I've been bombarded with messages at every turn. Or it could be that this election is one for the history books, considering that its a very real possibility that our next president will either be female or a black man. Or, it could be that my endorphins are high since I just got home from the gym. I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm feeling very optimistic about the future of our country.

I'm going to swing by the poll when it opens @ 7am. That way I can proudly sport an "I Voted" sticker at work. But seriously, if I do it early I won't have any excuses to not do it when I get off work. Plus, I found the most random event: a super Tuesday viewing party @ Berri's in West Hollywood. The event is supposed to cater to urban professionals and will allow for people to socialize while watching the primary results. It's like Monday Night Football for the California Primary. Since I'm planning on going to that I won't be able to vote after work. I'll be damned if I drive home to South LA and then back to West Hollywood after work. Me thinks not.

It'll be fun to get faded and talk politics with people. Hopefully no fights break out. Fools be trippin.

Oh, and I have a surprise: I started going back to church. BGI is no longer a heathen! I went back a couple of Sundays ago on a whim, and it was sooooo good. I felt like my spirit had been cleansed. I've been going to City of Refuge, which is a huge church, but I love it. The pastor there is great. I'll have to give you more in another post sometime. I'm telling you about church because yesterday Bill Clinton stopped through. And I missed it! I was there last Sunday and it was just regular old church. I skipped this Sunday and the former president came through. Damn damn damn! I would have really liked to see him. Even though I'm not voting for his baby mama.

Vote for Obama!

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Good for you, BGI! Oddly enough, I was kinda fidgety last night. I'm super excited. I've never been into politics like I am now. I did early voting and THINKING about going to a viewing party tonight, too! Have fun! And Barack the Vote!

Congrats on going back to church!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter