Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, December 31, 2007

last post of 07

Straight up stream of consciousness on the last day of the year...

I'm glad to leave 2007 behind. I've had many ups and downs but despite it all I'm still here. For that I'm thankful.

I usually don't make new year's resolutions, I make resolutions for myself around my birthday. Personally that's my time to start afresh. Whenever I make new year's resolutions I hardly ever stick to them anyway.

A resolution I can actually stick with: make career moves in '08. I'm ready to explore other areas of internet advertising.

I have a secret fantasy: I want to be a food network star. They don't have any black cooking show hosts, although Paula Deen is as close as we get.

I recently found something out about myself: I'm an angry black woman. I admit it. Not all the time, but a lot of the time.

I'm glad the holiday season is about to be over. This seems like the longest holiday season ever. Can we get it over with already?

Peace and happy new year

BGI

6 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second your thoughts BGI! Peace out 2007! I'm SO thrilled it's gone! I too am makin big career moves, God Willing, in 2008! This is my year! And yes, the LONGEST holiday season is FINALLY over! YAY!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - happy new year to ya! so i'm not the only one who felt that way? i feel like 08 is my year too. good luck to you in 08 girl!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

Happy New Year, girly! 2007 was something else.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger MaDamn Spoiled Rotten said...

Yes, I agree with you. Get it straight in 2008. Thats what I'm aiming for, 2007 was the ending of my 7 year bad luck streak. You arent the only Angry Black Woman, I discovered this on the last day of the year. Whew......wondering, how long i've been that chick

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - it was, wasn't it?

@ ma damn - many believe that life goes through 7 year cycles. hopefully this new cycle will be one of good luck for you.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I know I know I'm all late....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter