Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Chunky Butt Ex

There are moments in life where you just can't help but gloat. I recently saw my ex boyfriend when I went to his mom's house to visit his family. Doesn't it suck when you break up with someone and you have to break up with the family too? I freaking love my ex's family, they were like a second family to me when I was with him. But anyway, I went to visit and my ex happened to be home. I hadn't seen him since we broke up three years ago. Since we broke up, he's grown considerably.

Too bad that growth wasn't his evolvement [yes this is a word, I looked it up on dictionary.com] as a man, it's his waistline. Dude is a major chunky butt now. He looks fat and miserable. He's gained more than 25 pounds since we broke up three years ago. Since then I've lost nearly 20 pounds. When I laid eyes on him I couldn't help but smile. It's the greatest feeling in the world to see your ex for the first time since your breakup and you look your best and your ex looks like a fat miserable old man.

To be fair, we gained weight together. When I was with him I was in college and most of my free time was spent with him, eating, fucking, and sleeping. Not always in that order but definitely a combination of the three. I blame him for that Freshman 15 I put on in my junior year. We signed up for gym memberships together, and working out became a part of the mix of working out, eating junk afterward, fucking, and sleeping.

After I broke up with him I lost weight on the stress diet, but gained it all back after I got over him. Then I got motivated, changed my diet, and started seriously exercising and got my ass in shape. I may have never done that if I stayed with him.

The icing on the cake is his parents saying, "Girl you look so good now, have you lost weight?" and making a fuss over my weight loss. It's pretty noticeable since I'm only 5'2."

He was trying to be nonchalant, looking while trying not to look. Since that visit three months ago he's been emailing me with more frequency.

Big confidence booster. I feel for him because I can tell he's unhappy and miserable, but I feel so good knowing that I don't carry around excess weight anymore.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog. I'm going through and finding my favorites to add to my blogroll. Is it okay to add you? Thanks. Be Blessed!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Aud Rey said...

I feel so petty and childish when I think the same thing. It's not that I wish him ill or anything. I just want to be way better and know that I'm the best woman he'll ever have.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ deliberate - thanks! you surely can add me if you like.

@ gorgeous - i wondered for a second if i was being childish, but that feeling quickly passed. like you, i know that i'm the best woman my ex ever had and he screwed off something good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter