Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

mindless meanderings...

As usual, my thoughts are all over the place. Streams of consciousness...

Is it me or are Tuesdays the most hellish day of the week? On Tuesday mornings it seems like I've woken up after falling asleep only minutes earlier. The day goes by hella slow, and there's shit on tv when I get home. Thank God for DVR.

I'm excited about pursuing my teaching career. I think once I move into this career it will signify the end of me changing careers like a pair of undies. Initially I thought I wanted to teach elementary school, but something in me wants to reach junior high school kids. Sure, at that age they're starting to smell themselves in a figurative sense, but I feel like that's a time when kids need someone who is willing to reach out to them, interact with them, and guide them. Plus, I think I can handle them at that age. I'm pretty well known for being a hard ass so I already got the stern thing down.

I plan on being in somebody's classroom this fall. I don't have all the details worked out yet, but I'm getting my ducks in a row and taking the required exams and applying to teaching programs. It gives me a real sense of peace and solace to know exactly what direction I'm headed in. When my boss is being an insipid cunt, I think to myself, "I won't have to deal with this stupid corporate bullshit for too much longer," and it warms my heart. It makes the day just a little more tolerable.

Valentine's day is this week...the pseudo will be working but he invited me, my mama and 'nem to the NAACP Image Awards. I'm excited about that. It was his idea for me to invite my mom, which was very thoughtful of him. He got a couple cool points for that. His mom is coming too, so I'll be meeting her for the first time. Nervous much?

We likely won't celebrate V-day on the 14th, but this weekend I'm planning on making a special meal. I'm thinking maybe stuffed chicken, veggies sauteed in onion, garlic, and butter, roasted potatoes...and for dessert, BGI a la mode. Kidding! I don't know what I'm making for dessert. I have no idea what to get him for a gift, so I decided to make dinner. People usually have most of the material things they need, so I like to give gifts that provide experiences for people. I like to take people to cool places, cook or bake for them, or do a nice gesture. Sometimes those are the best gifts.

Anybody can buy a pair of silk boxers for Valentine's day, but not everyone can make a 4 course dinner with dessert.


BGI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter