Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Stank

I'm in a real stank mood and I can't seem to break out of it. I want to be bubbly again, but right now it ain't happening. I guess I just have to wait for the pendulum to swing the other way.

The external circumstances around me don't help the situation. I'm beginning to hate my job, my classes are boring, and I'm broke. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be very far away. I'm in a state of confusion when it comes to work, relationships, and the general path of my life. I guess this quarterlife crisis is hitting hard.

I manage to cope throughout this strange period. Prayer keeps me grounded and centered. I know this is just a phase and it will pass. But in the meantime I'm going through it.

What would life be if it were happy all the time? If we don't go through fucked up periods, we'll never appreciate the good things in life when we receive them. So I guess it's safe to say that I appreciate the bad along with the good.

Peace.

6 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep your head up and KEEP praying homey! All will work out, b/c guess what, It's already done! Trust and believe :-)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ b - thanks for the inspiring words! it's appreciated. i prayed last night and this morning and i feel better already.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

That is so real! Gotta have some hard time sometimes. Keep praying and I'll pray for you, too.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ru pmsing?:)

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you know when you're in a stank mood. Some people just naturally stank. Born stank. Always stank. You'll break out of it. This too shall pass.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - thanks hon!

@ everything - you know what, that made me smile :-)

@ funky fresh - just stankonia, huh? that made me laugh.

thanks everyone for the kind words. i'm feeling better already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter