Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Um...really? (Part II)

Continued from Friday's post.

Utterly confused, I hop in my car and dip out. Halfway home Mr. NC calls. "Is everything ok? It seemed like you left all of a sudden." Wha?

I said, "everything is fine with me, are YOU ok?" He said everything was cool, but it seemed like he was upset. Instead of kicking it with him for an extended period of time, I only stayed over for a few minutes. I did tell him I had stuff to do. I mean shit, I stopped by his house right after work. I hadn't been home yet that day, and for the previous few days I had been out and about so much that I had only been in and out of the house to sleep and shower. I needed to see what was cracking at the home front. However, I didn't explain all this to him, because a) I assumed that it wasn't a problem if I wanted to leave although he wanted me to stay and b) I simply don't have to. When I say I'm getting ready to go, that's it. No questions asked.

I didn't mention to him the fact that he slammed the door in my face that day, because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. That action showed another side to the "really sweet guy" I thought he was.

I went home and chilled. I needed some me time. I watched my shows on DVR, gossiped on the phone with my girl, cleaned my bedroom, and made myself dinner. In the midst of my me time, Mr. NC called again.

NC: Hey BGI, what's up.
Me: Hey, what's up?
NC: BGI, can I tell you something?


At this point I knew something big was coming. I just wasn't sure what he was going to say.

Me (pausing): NC, before you say what you have to say, think about the impact it may have. It sounds like it may be something big.
NC (completely disregarding the warning I just gave him): Well, I just wanted to tell you that you are the woman of my dreams. I want to be with you one day, I want to be your man. Just let me know when you're ready because I'm here.
Me: I'm not ready for a relationship right now [at least not with him]. I don't want you to be in limbo waiting on me, that wouldn't be fair.
NC: Just let me know when you're ready. There's so much I want to do for you. I want to take care of you, I want to do whatever you want me to do. I want to be your superman.
Me: *silence*
NC: I know I don't have much going on right now but I need a woman like you by my side. Oh, and that thing about my dick not getting hard, that was nothing.
Me (paralyzed): Uh...


As soon as NC said "can I tell you something?" I had a feeling he was about to drop a bomb, I just wasn't sure of what he was going to say. I didn't expect that he was about to pour his heart out though.

It was pretty awkward. Obviously I don't reciprocate those feelings. Also, how does one respond to that? It was just weird all around.

After that conversation I didn't expect to hear from him again for awhile, but he called the next day. As soon as I picked up the phone he started explaining himself. He told me he was drunk when he called me and said that stuff and that he didn't really mean what he said. I sort of stopped him, trying to end the conversation right there. Because he was just digging a hole deeper and deeper for himself. I told him to stop trying to clear it up because it's not going to change the fact that he said it, and I think he's lying about being drunk. I felt really embarrassed for him. The only way we can be friends again is to sweep this one under the rug.

I think NC is a cool person for the most part, but we're just not on the same level. He's too immature for me to date, but he makes a good friend. The attraction I felt for him was physical, but when it seemed that he wasn't capable of acting upon that physical attraction, there was nothing left for me to be interested in.

But at least he got weed, though.

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

That was funny. It's amazing the things men will do to block rejection. He sounds like a good friend to chill with though. Sometimes it's just not meant to be. Nothing wrong with that.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

LOL @ "at least he got weed though"
bwahahahahaahahahahahahahah!!!

I had a no good mf bamma tell me on many occasions what he wanted to do for me etc etc, how he wantd to be my man etc. I was like uh, no, u r my FB, nothing more, nothing less. Then this mf decides to tell me he's got 4, yup 4 kids...sorry not tryna be baby momma 5 or 6 or 7! triflin ass negroes!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm.....yeah.....see what had happened was the Henny and the weed took control of my words and what I had meant to say was you was in my dreams and I was Superman and you, word, you was Lois Lane...

Ah hell I can't go on...

Up up and away....

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern lady - i know, right? i agree, it just wasn't meant to be.

@ b - 4 kids?!? dude should have just played his position.

@ funky fresh - LMAO! youse a fool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter