Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Dreams of Golden Showers

I often have recurring dreams. Lately my recurring dream has been about urinating (no R. Kelly). A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was at some sort of dinner party event and I went to the restroom to go pee and I kept going and going and going. I began to go and the flow wouldn't stop. A couple of nights ago I had another dream where I was in the shower, but the shower was in my bedroom closet and I peed in the shower. Weird!

I'm a huge believer in the hidden meaning of dreams. I believe that your dreams provide insight to your subconscious thoughts and that your dreams are trying to tell you something about yourself. I googled "dream interpretation" and came across this site, sort of a dream dictionary. I looked up "urination" and it turns out that to dream you are urinating "symbolizes a cleansing and release of negative or repressed emotions." I also looked up "shower" and to dream of taking a shower (in clear water) "denotes spiritual cleansing or renewal."

This may sound all new-agey, but I think these interpretations of my dreams hit the nail right on the head. As of this year I had reached a point in my life where I am content with myself and I have let go of the ill feelings I've had toward people. I stopped nursing grudges and letting negativity get in the way of my blessings. I stopped focusing on what I didn't have and thanked God for what I do have.

I don't know the whole significance of the whole shower in the closet thing. Everything in the dream isn't metaphorical, sometimes its just weird.

6 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger pink said...

lol...gurl do i know about that! I be at work sneezin up a mofo! Everybody in my office is like "damn...you always sick! Stay away from me blah blah yadda yadda" I sooo want to be like , "if yall skeezez would get the effin cleanin crew up in this peace i wouldnt even e cuttin up like this..." but that wouldnt be real professional..no need in lookin like the angry black sista...lol

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger chidi said...

nice blog! i also believe that dreams have hidden meanings. I checked out the site & it was great. I've been having a reoccuring dream as well & i checked d meaning out. thanks!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

I think reading this post yesterday jinxed me. Last night I had the weirdest, scariest dream. Wish I could remember what it about so I could go on that site. Interesting stuff!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ pink - lol!

@ chidi - thanks for checking my blog out! i'm glad the site helped you out.

@ southern lady - hopefully it will come back to you.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger racquelle-cutie said...

i luv ur blog. i 2ink dreams mean different 2ings 2 different ppl

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ recquelle - thanks for checking me out. i agree that dreams mean different things to different people. its up to the individual to draw meaning from them as it applies to their life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter