Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Aaaarrrgghhh!!

I'm in a crappy mood today. For no reason in particular, other than its Sunday and I have to get up and go to a place I really don't want to go to tomorrow. I know I am a small fish in a big pond of those who feel the exact same way, but I am extremely bored at my job. I do nothing of substance at my job, unless sitting there looking cute counts. And the people are such gossips. They are overly annoying. I'm just griping so much because I'm working in a position where I really don't want to be. Its just a means to get by for now. I used to want to have a long term career in the legal field, but now that feeling is waning. I want to pursue my first love of writing. I would really love to work with words. When I was in college, I majored in English and minored in Communications, so I did a substantial amount of writing. But after I graduated I began working in the legal field because I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. But after actually working in the field for awhile it sort of lost its luster to me.

I give myself a total of one year from my start date at my job. After that I'm leaving. I'm only giving it that much time because I need stability on my resume. After that I am going to begin establishing a career in writing and editing. I'm looking into entering a program for aspiring editors. I'm going to try to stick it out where I am. Well, not try. I am. I get paid a relatively good amount of money to sit on my ass. I shouldn't complain about that part of it, because a sista has got to pay the bills. But I'm for damn sure not going to waste my life at a place where I'm not doing what I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter