Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

BGI is not dead

Hey ya'll, sorry for the recent lack of posts. These days I have a lot going on. I know that's an excuse, but it's the truth, I tell you. Here's an update of what's been going on with me lately:

Work
I'm looking for another job. I really like my job, but my company is unstable. We just got bought and everyone except for my department is being relocated to another state. Who's to say that our new owners won't decide to relocate my department's operations? Plus, management is very hush-hush about things that go down, and to me that's straight up fishy. There's no telling what they may spring on us. Also, every day in my inbox I see "farewell" emails. It may just be me, but I get a little nervous when there is a mass exodus of employees.

I just got promoted and I got a raise, but it only amounted to a measly $1500 increase in my salary. Yes, this is an increase to my annual salary, which only adds about $50 to $75 to my bi-monthly paycheck. My raise is eaten alive by taxes. So to me, the raise didn't mean much. Especially considering the amount of work I've taken on since being promoted. I'm doing the job of two people.

I've been working at this job for a little over a year, and my goal was to establish history somewhere and gain more marketing experience. I've met that goal, but I don't feel that I'm adequately compensated for the amount of work I do. During my review my boss made it clear that the raise she gave me was the maximum that I would receive. So even though the amount of work I'm responsible for is steadily increasing, my compensation is stagnant.

Men
On to other things...I met a guy I really like. He's super sweet, cool, smart, fun to be around, and he's good arm candy. Has a job, full set of teeth, and no kids. He respects me and cares about my well-being. The only thing is that he doesn't have a car.

He has his own place, but no wheels. Funny thing, because I'm the exact opposite. Brand new whip and still at my mom's crib. The material girl in me turns her nose up at Mr. No Car, but I can't help but like him. Mr. No Car is the nicest guy I've met in a long time. He calls when he says he is, treats me like a queen, he even brought ya girl medicine when she was sick. There aren't many guys out there, with or without wheels, that would do that.

Why o why did Mr. No Car come along just when I finally became happy being single? He is someone I could really see myself being with. I'm afraid of falling in love with him. I don't know if I got all the hoochie mama out of my system yet. He's mentioned to me on several occasions that he wants to be with me. But I don't know if I'm ready. *Sigh*

My Usual Man Issues
Throwbacks are resurfacing. Maybe since the holidays are approaching, the trifling fucks are reminiscing and reaching out. My ex, who I was with for 2 1/2 years until he cheated on me and then blamed me for his stepping outside our relationship, hit me up. We've texted back and forth but I'm none too interested in anything he's talking about. The former pseudo also stays in contact. We're friends, but he yearns for what we once had. I can't give that to him anymore. I'm thinking about sending out a memo cc'ing all the throwbacks telling them to please remain in the past because their continued presence is no longer wanted in my life.

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Afrodite said...

Lol @ mass exodus. We have a mass exodus at my job every other month. Customer service is very fickle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter