Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I can breathe again

I finally figured out the source of my allergies. For the past couple of weeks I have been suffering. Itchy, dry eyes, sneezing, runny nose, dry scratchy throat...it's horrible. I assumed it was springtime allergies because my sinuses usually start acting the fool around spring and fall.

So this morning I decided to straighten up my bedroom, and something told me to look under my bed. Under my bed was a thick ass layer of dust! I don't even remember the last time I looked under there. I found all kind of stuff that I had completely forgotten about. It then dawned on me that the dust in my room is probably a huge contributor to my sinus allergies. Now that I think about it, my sinuses are probably so shitty because the dust was right under my bed where I sleep every night. With that in mind I grabbed the vaccuum and began to whisk the dust away.

It didn't stop there. I moved my dresser, where there was even more dust. Behind my desk, there was more! My bedroom was a huge dust bowl, a breeding ground for dust mites and all kind of icky stuff. I took things an extra step and started up the air filter. My room feels so much cleaner. And I haven't sneezed once in over two hours.

Now I know. The next time my sinuses start acting up, clean my damn room!

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger chidi said...

allergies can b so annoying! i'm allergic to perfumes. Whenever i get near someone who has put on a really strong smelling perfume, i find it hard to breath & then start choking till i get fresh air. horrible rite?

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ chidi - you got some serious allergies going on! i have slight perfume allergies too though so i understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter