Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day is for suckas...

...just kidding. Kind of. Ok, so my plans for Valentine's Day aren't what most would consider romantic, and for damn sure not lovey-dovey. My new friend and I decided that we are going to go out for burgers. Yes, we are going to In-N-Out and we are going to lay hands on some double-double cheeseburgers and fries. We wanted to spend time together on V-day, but I don't feel comfortable doing the traditional "nice" dinner and gift exchange thing so early in the game. Since my friend (who will be referred to as E from henceforth) and I just started seeing one another, I want to keep things casual for now.

E is super cool. He's very laid back, handsome, and very sweet. He treats me like the queen I am (which I absolutely love) and he adores me. I'm vain, so I revel in that. I feel like the man I date should love me just as much as I do. I met E about a month ago outside the Garden of Eden, and he used to date this chick I know, but I'm not friends with her. So he's fair game. Word on the street is that she's hatin' real hard right about now but that's her issue, not mine.

I'm really enjoying getting to know E. He is someone I could see myself seriously dating. I'm not going to press the situation though. I'm enjoying spending time with him and being in his company.

My dilemma is that I want to have sex with him really really bad, but I know its too soon. I want to spend more time getting to know him without sex involved in the equation. I've made the mistake of having sex with a guy I'm dating too soon, and it can be detrimental to building a solid foundation for companionship, friendship, and/or a relationship. Knowing what I know, I have since implemented a 45 day probationary period before becoming intimate with a guy. Some may say thats too soon, but shit most people I know barely wait 2 or 3 weeks before jumping somebody's bones. 45 days is a long time, especially when you haven't had sex since New Year's.

19 days until I can make E my sex slave...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger *B* Fab said...

LOL girl I luv your blog! I also like this 45 day rule, I shall begin my very own countdown ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter