Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Friday, February 09, 2007

BGI is not partaking in all-star weekend 2007...

I love meat market festivities as much as the next person. But I decided to opt out of All-Star Weekend this year.

Everybody and their mother is going to be there, but I don't feel like I'll be missing out on anything if I don't go. I had originally planned on going but a couple of weeks ago I had a sudden change of heart. I don't feel like dealing with hundreds of thousands of hoochies and the men who love them for an entire weekend. I don't want to interact with faux ballers and be strong-armed into paying $150 cover charges for parties. Plus, I want to save my vacation time for a real vacation, not for Vegas. I can go to Vegas anytime. It's only a 4 hour drive from LA. I wasn't planning on going to any of the games anyway, I was only going for the parties. I can party anytime.

I have a lot of other things I can do with the time and money I was going to spend in Vegas. I already scheduled spa day for myself, and I'm saving the money I would have spent in Vegas toward a down payment on a new car.

Plus, All-Star is going to be way more crackin' next year in New Orleans. Ya girl will definitely be in the Dirty Dirty painting the town red.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Brill said...

What up Sis? Hope you're well.
I don't blame you. Money doesn't
grow on trees.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ brilld - hey there...i'm doing well. hope all is well with you.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AGREE 100%! I decided not to go either considering the amount of fools that are there for the wrong reasons. I've gone to every ALL-STAR WEEKEND since 2000 but Vegas is going to be unecessarily ridiculous! I was thinking it would take just one wrong nucca to say the wrong sh!t and then would be banned from LV forever! I live in LA too and go to LC at least 8 times a year so this ish can definitely get a pass!
--Vamply

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ anonymous - you're right, all-star + las vegas = a whole lot of debauchery. usually i'm up for the madness, but its going to be outta control. lol @ the fools out there. its bad enough we have to deal with their asses out here in LA, but in vegas they're gonna be REAL extra. i'm over that. i may do vegas sometime this spring though. oh, and thanks for leaving a comment, i do believe this is my first time receiving one from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter