Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Friday, January 26, 2007

What's On Your Mind Today, BGI?

Ever notice people who go around claiming how real they are be the fakest mufuckas? If you feel the need to tell people how real you are, chances are you're probably not. Doers never talk, and talkers never do. Let your actions speak and shut the fuck up!

I have a date tonight but I kind of don't want to go. I'm tired. Had a long week. Plus the guy isn't that interesting. He's one of those people who is very agreeable. He agrees with pretty much everything I say. If I farted and said it smelled like roses he would nod his head in agreement. I don't trust men like that.

I been hitting the gym hard lately. I lost three pounds! It may not sound like much but when I first started working out again I actually gained weight because I was lifting weights. I'm beginning to see the fruits of my labor. I fit into my skinny jeans. I almost cried. And I never show raw emotion. I'm gonna have Madonna arms by spring.

Three weeks until All-Star Weekend, and I'm still not ready. Plane ticket? Nope. Lodging? Crashing with some folks. At first I was apathetic and I didn't care whether I was going or not, but as it gets closer I'm getting more excited about it. At least as excited as I can get.

I am soooo ashamed to admit this, but I really like that song "On the Hotline" by Pretty Ricky. The beat is real catchy.

Doesn't "Pretty Ricky" usually refer to one person? It's singular so why is it being used as a name for 4 people?

As pro-black as I am, I never thought I would see the day when I would be attracted to a yt guy. But the day has arrived. And the yt guy is hella cool too. I can now say from personal experience that one cannot help who they are attracted to.

My date tonight is not with the yt guy, btw.

I guess I'll go and bs some more before I get ready to head out....Peace.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm reading your blog...see!!!! i do care!!! well i'm happy the gym has been working out for you. you can work out for the both of us cause i'm getting chunky. i guess now that i broke up with my girl i'll have more time to myself and will be able to work out more. well hope everything is good for u. i'm sure i'll talk to you later.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ anonymous - ok, ok, now I believe you! Lol. Breakups suck, but like I told you, use this time to work on you. Btw, when I broke up with my ex-bf I lost several pounds. The breakup diet is very effective!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter