Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Moving On...

In my last post I wrote about the throwback dude and how things weren't working between us. I decided to unilaterally end the situation. My heart had already moved on, but I decided to fully extricate myself from someone who I knew was toxic for me. Initially I was a little sad (only slightly) but I am happy and content with my decision. I'm glad that I came to my senses before I ended up knee deep in some bullshit.

I feel like I've reached a point where I am content with my single life. It wasn't easy for me to reach this point though. This upcoming March will mark two years of my being single. In the past I was the chick who always had a man (and a couple of others stashed away just in case) so when I became single for an extended period of time it was an adjustment. I have had a few pseudo-relationships over the past couple of years but for some reason destiny wouldn't allow them to become the real thing. Sometimes I felt like something was wrong with me because I was single, but now I see that it was something necessary for me. I needed to grow as a person, without a significant other. I have grown immensely over the past several years. I've become more self-reliant, I've developed a stronger sense of self, and I have become very comfortable in my own skin. I am very happy with the person I am, flaws and all.

I now embrace my singlehood. I haven't even reached my prime yet. This is my time now!

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Southern_Lady said...

It's great that you got out of a relationship you really didn't want to be in and you're enjoying the single life. Speaking as someone who has been single for longer than I like to say, this single sh*t is for the birds! lol But it's all in time.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said...

@ southern_lady: Its hard sometimes, but I decided to make the best of it. In due time I will be with someone again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter