Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Seething over here...

I'm pissed off right now. Just did my taxes (twice, just to double check myself) and I owe the IRS $19. Sure its a nominal amount, but considering the fact that the federal government deducts at least $125 from each paycheck, one would one assume that she would some sort of refund come tax season. Where the hell does the money go? I don't see the benefits of it. Not in my community, not really anywhere in the US. I want to see a statement summary! Who in the hell creates these tax tables? What is it based on? Why are the calculations so schizophrenic? I'm not going to bitch and moan about having to pay taxes, but I feel like Uncle Sam borrowed money from me and when I asked him to pay me back, he's like, "bitch, fuck you I ain't giving you shit...and the next time I want money you will give it to me or I'm charging you interest."

I just want a tax refund. Is that too much to ask? The fact that I'm single, I don't have dependents, assets, or even that many deductions is not working for me...a chick just wants a little something back for those hundreds of dollars deducted from her paycheck monthly.

I feel like crying, although I don't do the whole raw emotion thing.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Sam is a pimp. We're all his hoes. It's a damn shame but probably the reason why I don't touch my taxes until April.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter