Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Sista is Tired

So far, so good. The new job is going well, as far as I can tell from the first couple of days. Of course, I'm the only speck of brown in a sea of white faces, but that's nothing new. I'm also the youngest person there, which is also nothing new. The work environment doesn't seem to be clique-filled, so thats good.

I had a pretty good first day of work yesterday. Apparently this week is "Administrative Professional Appreciation Week," so I got a card and a gift card to Macy's. For real? I looked on my calendar and it doesn't commemorate any such day, but I don't give a shit. I get a gift on my first day of work? Good sign. They also gave a welcome lunch for me. I felt damn special. The only thing missing was cake and ice cream. Then we are having lunch again tomorrow for some reason or another. All I can say is I'm happy in a work environment where free food is frequently given.

After work, me and the pseudo-bf went to see Keyshia Cole at the House of Blues. Robin Thicke opened for her. Blah. He's fly for a WB, but his performance was dull. He needs to work on his stage presence. Keyshia rocked it last night. She looked really pretty; her hair was all one color. She was like Mary Jr. out there. Her voice carries so much emotion. Funny shit: right before Keyshia came out to perform, two girl started fighting in the crowd. We had a bird's eye view, because we were chillin on the top level. That was a good fight. Hair pulling, punching, lost shoes, etc. It took three big burly ass security guards to break up that fight.

But the show was good. I had a good buzz going. I got piped later that night, which is why I am so tired today. But it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter