Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

New Beginnings

This is my last day of freedom. Tomorrow I start the new job. I am excited, nervous, and a little apprehensive at the same time. I am also happy, because I'm sick of being broke. All weekend I've been mentally prepping myself for my re-entry into the work world. I had only been out of work for six weeks, but it seems like ages.

I'm apprehensive because I hope this job isn't as shitty as the last one I had. I know that wherever I go there is going to be bullshit, but I just hope the bullshit is at a minimum at the new job.

The thing that really sucks is that I am going to have to wake up earlier. The commute to the Westside is going to be a bitch. I can justify it to myself by using the time in traffic as my alone time, and to listen to music and catch up on conversations with people.

And, I will have to dress business casual from now on. I've been a little spoiled, because at the last firm I worked at, I could wear jeans, tennis shoes, flip-flops, whatever I wanted. Now I have to accumulate a real work wardrobe. I suppose that's a good thing. If I wear skirts and heels everyday, no one will ask me to do anything that requires me to bend down or lift anything. I may sound lazy, but I don't care.

I guess I'll go and figure out what I am going to do with my hair. Its a hot mess right about now, so I'm going to apply some heat to it and pray for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter