Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Mundane Monday

Good evening bitches! I somehow made it through Monday after having a super-relaxing weekend. Here's the play-by-play: On Friday, I hung out with the pseudo-bf. We were supposed to go out that night, but I fell asleep on him. However, we did have our own two-person Cinco de Mayo celebration. Well, not really. We were just looking for a reason to eat tacos and drink beer. He didn't seem okay with my falling asleep on him, even though I tried to explain that I was exhausted from a long week of dealing with The Man (although I really don't do shit on my job). I kind of feel bad about that. But thats what had happened.

Saturday was nice. I saw my sister off to prom, and then went to a fight party and watched De La Hoya beat the shit out of Mayorga. Note: If you are going to talk major shit to someone you are about to fight, please follow through. Don't let yourself get beat down on pay-per view like a 2 dollar hoe. I met my best friend's fake bf for the first time at the fight party. He was a cool guy. He passed the friend test. He was on shaky ground for a minute though, when he hopped up during the fight and said that he wanted to punch out his baby's mama like De La Hoya was punching out Mayorga. I was like wtf? Nigga is you crazy? And if that wasn't bad enough, his hood-ass homeboys were egging him on. I was like, hmmmm...ok. Keep an eye on this fool, because obviously he has ass-kicking tendencies. But he redeemed himself. He treated my friend very well, and they seem to really like each other. So I'll let the boxing-up-the-baby-mama comment slide for now.

Sunday was beautiful. The pseudo-bf invited me to a surf competition in Malibu where he was shooting some footage for a piece he is working on. It was hella cold in the morning, but it warmed up around noon. I had a buzz going before noon, and the water was beautiful. It was fabulous. I felt like I was on a vacation for a day.

But, now I'm back to corporate America. Bland.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger P said...

Girl!

Don't the weekends go by so fast! I think after Friday night, they just whiz by.

By Sunday evening, I'm about ready to blow my top.

This sheeat cannot.be.normal. Surely we were only designed to work three days a week.

HAHAHA! Have a great weekend. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter