Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Friday, May 19, 2006

What The Hell Was I Thinking?!?!?

I done officially crossed over now. I describe myself as a down to earth LA girl (yes they do exist!) who is a little bit of a hippie and a borderline diva. I know, my self-description is full of contradictions, but its accurate. But anywho, I done crossed over to that Hollywood shit now. When I say "Hollywood," I'm using it as an adjective to describe things are are "in style" or popular among the cool people of Los Angeles. Anyway, this afternoon I went for my first brazilian. After seeing several bald snatches on a couple of "movies," I decided to try it for myself. This may TMI to some, but it is definitely an experience that warrants mention on my blog (because well, this is MY blog, and if you don't like it, don't read it sucka!).

By far, the brazilian is the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. I've had my fair share of voluntary pain; I have three tattoos, a belly button ring, and I've had a tongue ring. But nothing compares to having hot wax spread upon your nether regions and someone ripping the hair out from its follicle. And when they do the brazilian, they take EVERYTHING off, from front to crack. Marinate on that for a minute.

I was hella nervous in the waiting area. I sort of thought I was going to vomit in the reception area, but I held it together. I wasn't going to let a hot-wax-and-popsicle-stick-wielding Russian lady get the best of me. No, but seriously the lady who performed the service was nice. She talked me through it, and told me the basics. She was really good about me jumping everytime she ripped off a strip of hair and talking her ear off while she waxed my snatch. I sort of felt like we bonded. I usually feel a bond with people who get that close to my snatch. When she was done, I was like "Damn, I have seen it like this since pre-puberty!"

But I am happy with the results. And my man will be also when he sees it later. Would I do it again? Hell yeah! That shit hurt like hell, but it beats other methods of hair removal. The only other option is to go for the 70's look. Hell to the naw. I may be a generation Y hippie, but not that much.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what up blkack girl interrupted? love your comments about that brazilian. more women should keep that area super clean and then they'd get more services. hairy areas ain't cool. did you notice a change in your man's "eating" habits when you went bare?
anyway, if your pseudo bf ever gets fired, give me a shout. also, why don't you have a pcture of yourself on the site?

peace....

the candy man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter