Black Girl Interrupted

Laid back, down to earth, & quirky, but also a little bit of a diva...yeah that's me. An oxymoron right? I'm a gumbo of thangs. I refuse to be pigeonholed into any categories! I'm a native Southern Californian living life in the City of Angels. I'm one of the very few Angelenos who is not into the whole Hollywood thing, but I'm still an LA chick through and through. I'm one of those people who lives in her own world. I don't do everything, I just do me.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Playing Hooky

I needed a day off from work. Yesterday while at work, I began to experience sharp pains in my abdomen. I have two weeks till my period so they weren't menstrual cramps. It was a different kind of pain anyway, the kind that wouldn't let me sit upright without bouts of pain. I went home early from work and I'm taking today off too.

After I went home and laid down I felt better. The pain still came and went, but it wasn't as bad as it was when I was at work. I think my body was telling me that I need to take a personal day. I didn't consciously think I was experiencing work stress, but the fact that I feel good again after taking some time off makes me think I was.

I knew something was up because every day for the past week or two, I seriously contemplated calling in sick. Some days I really thought I wasn't going to able to make it, although I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with me. I can only describe it as an overall shitty feeling.

Every once in awhile its necessary to go ahead and ditch. It's good for you. Sometimes the weekend isn't enough. This is why we get sick days and vacation days, for times like these. I felt kind of bad for taking off in the middle of the week, but the way I was feeling yesterday, I didn't think I would be able to make it through the rest of the day. I really shouldn't feel too bad, because I've never called in sick since I've been working at my job. I've taken days off, but I've never been the one to constantly call in sick.

Tomorrow, back on the grind.

Peace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter